Social Icons

Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Filler Post # 60: Other issues you may want to ponder for the near future

This post may or may not become a moot point in a few weeks (here's hoping for "not", by the way *cross yo fingaz*).

Anyhow, this year I'm turning 27 on the 27th of April. As fate would have it, my birthday is also on a Sunday this year -- which makes a Saturday/Sunday affair kind of, well, optimal -- so, I'm kind of toying with the idea of doing something special. Like celebrating in a type of rented space, rather than at home to make everyone want to dance more and perhaps partake in some karaoke...with out fear of the neighbors calling the Polizei and then said Polizei busting in during your heart wrenching rendition of AC/DC's "Back in Black".

The problem is that...well, as my father used to say, "What you do think I'm hiding some kind of Euro printing machine up in the attic?!" Except replace Euro with the appropriate American currency (whatever they happen to be calling it these days...is it still skrilla? I'm so out of the loop.) As it currently stands, I can perhaps swing it so that I can either rent a location (with a bar, but you gotta pay for your drinks) or the house party route where I provide guests with free drinks. But not really both. I ran the idea by Schmidt and (surprise, surprise) he's for the free drinkage. A quick mental survey of my immediate circle of friends tells me that I have a lot of friends that like alcohol and even more when they don't have to pay for it.

It's still kind of the early planning stages and everything's up in the air anyways... BUT
I'm open to suggestions. Optimally, I'd like to find an affordable place to rent and then also supply my friends with the booze they so desperately crave -- and I know most of y'all are gonna be like "What about RLH?" -- but c'mon now...do we really all want to trek to Lokstedt? Didn't think so.

But as potential guest, I'd like to know which do you prefer: free beer or a place where you can be all loud and crazy without reservation?

Lastly, if you happen to know of or have a place that I could rent out for not-so-muchsies, with enough space for dancing and perhaps a DJ and karaoke device of some sort and where you got totally awesome neighbors who would not give a fuck about noise...

Seriously...hit me up.

No comments: