Social Icons

Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Vorglühen (Pre-Party)

Two more days, until I say goodbye to my mid-20s.

My second to last day was pretty swell. Frosty got into town late last night and today we crammed in a full day of action and adventure. That's the thing about a long-distance relationship. We see each other once -- maybe twice a month. I prefer having the home field advantage though. Maybe because I like being the hostess, rather than the host-ee...

We went out for brunch, bummed around town, then went on an "alternative tour of the harbor" where we learned about Hamburg, the shipping industry and its relationship with third world countries. The weather was awesome and it was nice to have a day off where I didn't have to think about anything except relaxing. It's something that I haven't had the chance to do in a long time...

Re: Frosty's veganish ways...

well, it's stressful at times, which I knew it would be. I've known a lot of vegans in my time and pretty much everything that involves food procurement can be tough because, well, animals are somehow in everything. We managed though.

Thanks to a friend who works at nice hotel, Frosty and I spent the evening swimming and sauna-ing in private at the aforementioned nice hotel and even got to stay in a room overnight -- except said room was actually a small apartment -- but it's not like we complained.

Tomorrow evening, we're going to Down Under, which is an Australian bar/restaurant and self-proclaimed "Home of Chicken Wings". It will be a small gathering of close friends. Frosty will have to deal with the meat part, because well -- it's my bday and he has to obey my commands.

I'm kidding about that last sentence...sorta.

No comments: