Social Icons

Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

(no subject)

Welcome to June…

The past six months may have been the longest stretch of time, in which I’ve done the least amount of blogging. And even if it’s not, it certainly does feel that way. My only half-assed New Year’s Resolution – namely to try to write a new entry every day – is pretty much not going to happen at this rate… unless I make up for it by writing two entries every day for the rest of the year. Riiiight.

Lots has happened and just keeps happening. Friends like Toby and Cupcake have retired their blogs. Others like (the former) A.Neezy have started new ones. Right around this time a bunch of people that I know have gotten engaged, gotten married (or are about to get married), gotten knocked up, given birth, broken up, moved away, quit their job, got a new job, got a new special somebody… the list goes on and on.

No, I didn’t go to my five year college reunion and, no, I’m not going to the joint 10/9-year Class of 98/99 high school reunion this fall… nothing personal, I just live far away.

I think the biggest reason why I haven’t written in awhile is because – well… things are going pretty good. I don’t like to think of my blog as one big bitch-fest. But during the really tough times, it was kind of a challenge for me to try to write something that (at the very least) gave me something to smile about.

Not that I’m all rainbows and unicorn farts these days, but finding humor in the pain is way easier for me than making fun of good stuff. Does that make sense?

I’m not shutting down, I just need new material.

I got a decent job that I find interesting and has decent pay and comes with business cards, I have an apartment in an area of town that I love and a roommate that I get along with great, I’m not getting kicked out of the country in the near future (unless I fuck up pretty bad) and, on top of all that, I have a pretty dope boyfriend who is letting his hair grow out upon my request -- simply because I want to see if he looks like a super saiyan if he does.

See? It’s not that funny. Awesome, yes. Funny…no.

I’m gonna go figure this one out and I’ll get right back to you.

No comments: