Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Schlaaaaaaaand!



That's not me right now, but it was me on Monday in the train back to Hamburg after spending a fabulous weekend in Dresden. I got this great little MacBook from work and it's got a built-in camera, with which I can pretty much only take pictures of my face -- which I do as much as possible because it's fun and I'm obsessed with looking at my own beautiful face.

I got a tan...can you tell? Probably not. I spent last Sunday paddling in a boat down the Elbe River from Wehlen back to Dresden. That was something like 20, maybe 25 kilometers and took us about 8 hours. Luckily, there were 8 strapping young men to help with the paddling. Unfortunately, they were also getting drunk/sunburned/otherwise injured for most of the trip. Throw in the fact that the Elbe is just one slow ass river. Still, a good time was had by all -- even Sven, who managed to slice his foot open on a rock or a piece of glass in the water and Futzi, who sliced his finger open with a knife, while trying to make a bong out of a plastic bottle.

In other news, Germany has made it to the finals of the Euro 2008. That's a European soccer thingy, for those of you who don't know. They played against Turkey in the semifinals and though I didn't watch the game. I heard every single goal from the comfort of my room. Literally, I could hear people shouting from inside of their apartments every time either of the teams scored a goal, because in addition to the many Airbus employees that live in Altona, there is also a huge Turkish contingent.

Tomorrow is the final game. That's good, because I don't know how much more soccer mania I can take. I should probably make arrangements to view the game... buuuuut...I'm kind of so not into soccer on the other hand.

Our internet connection is out at home for the next month until our new provider switches it back on. So right now, I'm at Max & Consorten drinking coffee and riding the free WLAN. But I'm not going to hang out in a cafe all day...so, I will wrap this up and be on my merry way.

No comments: