Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hallelujah!



Nearly three months later...

and we FINALLY have internet again at home. Don't get me wrong, I can read and enjoy doing so (on occasion) and I have nothing against a stimulating conversation every now and again. But sometimes -- fuck it -- most of the time, after a long day at work, I want to engage in mindless activity greater than or equal to exploring the interwebs or watching tv. We don't actually have a tv and after nearly three months, we'd managed to get down to the dregs of our movie stockpile. I don't own that many DVDs, but by this point I've watched them all multiple times, in English and German, the bloopers and extra scenes AND even the directors'/actors' commentaries.

Some shit has happened in the meantime though, here's kind of the rundown in chronological order:

1.) I applied for my absentee ballot.
For all you inquiring minds out there: Yes, I plan to vote. For Obama. I know the drill and have only ever voted for President via absentee ballot. Let's just hope they send it to me.

2.) Our new sofa arrived.
It's a lot of fun...to sit on?

3.) Schmiddy broke his foot while skateboarding.
In a way it's my fault since I helped organize the culprit skateboard for his birthday last year. His birthday is coming up again in about 2 months. This year, I'll just cut the brake lines on his bike.

4.) Frosty and I had our first anniversary.
Celebrated in two different cities, but whatevs. I can say pretty confidently that this is the healthiest relationship that I've ever been in. The long distance thing blows, but I'm really enjoying this non-mind-fuckery stuff. Oh...and what's that other thing called? Oh yes, mutual respect.

5.) Exactly a year has passed since my dad passed...
Tough, but not as tough as I imagined it to be. I just kept thinking of the Atmosphere lyric from a song called Yesterday ("I can't even get mad that you're gone / Leaving me was probably the best thing you ever taught me")

That's just a very brief rundown. I'm kind of sick at home for the rest of the week. So, I'm not sure how much I'll feel like writing...but I'll try to be more diligent in my efforts.

ya herrd?

No comments: