Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - October 2010


Another weekend, another show in the bag. Here's the part where I give you some behind the scenes info. This time, what happened during the show is probably less interesting than what happened after the show. Zilv had a somewhat minor procedure and was out of commission. She made her mix beforehand and gave me some general notes about the breaks in between songs. I tried to fill those in as best I could -- make of that what you will. I will say that doing the show live and by myself is much more boring than having someone to joke around with while songs are playing. As for my part of the show...nothing of note comes to mind. I had a little phlegm issue at one point, but it doesn't even seem like it's worth mentioning anymore.

The last two weekends have been full of adventure. You see, last weekend I went to Dresden with T.Maz (my Facebook Wifey) and on the way back to Hamburg with our Schönes Wochenende (Nice Weekend) Ticket, we both fell asleep in the train. We had missed our connection in Magdeburg and hung out with some anti-facist punks and their dog on their way to Braunschweig (I almost traded my "Held der Arbeit" t-shirt for a "Deutschland, nein danke" t-shirt). Anyway, we fell asleep and ended up in beautiful, downtown Bumblefickenbüttel in the wee hours of the morning. But wifey took things into control and we hitched back to Uelzen (which as you can see from their website won Train Station of the year in 2009). It was less than thrilling...despite my pose:


But it was totally worth it seeing T.Maz flag down a car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. She done good. I'm so glad I Facebook married her.

This weekend's adventures had me trapped in the radio station building for two and a half hours after my radio show had ended. How did that happen? German doors allow you to be locked in buildings. That's the only way I can explain it. I had company and beer...so it was more "funny haha" than "ohmygodi'mlockedinabuildingahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Then I met up with some coworkers. I had no idea that there's some soccer crap going on again, but there is. Germany won...(wooo)

Anyway, we went out drinking and I got kicked out of a bar for using the mens' bathroom. The bouncers had a conversation with me about why I did such a "horrible" thing. I think they were waiting for an apology that never arrived. Maybe because it was the Schanze. I saw nothing wrong with my actions. When I have to pee, I have to pee...and it will not be in my pants.

Radio show...yes, it happened. Here it is. In two parts, because even though I was trapped in the radio station for two and a half hours...navigating the linux system running the station's system is a pain in my ass. See ya next month. Oh and my playlist is after the jump:





Milk, Coffee & Sugar - Un peu de musique
Ferris MC - Was ihr wollt mehr
Creutzefeld & Jakob - Flipstar
Dynamite Deluxe - Boombox
Torch ft. Toni L - Wer bin ich
Toni L - Party Service
Toni L - Der Zug rollt
Herr von Grau - Gehirnfurz
Maeckes & Plan B - Zur Zeit
Sookee - Keep it Käsekuchen
Flip - Leere Versprechen
Mr. Schnabel - Hi bin Howard
Marteria ft. Peter Fox - Sekundenschlaf
Danger Dan - Kein Anschluss
Beginner - Gustav Gans

No comments: