Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - June 2011


Die Fantastischen Vier - Buenos Dias Messias

Another month, another radio show. Check out the playlist over at our tumblr blog. Widget/link to the show after the jump.

As usual, here's a li'l dose of self-criticism/explanation/notes from behind the scenes. Overall, I think that this month and last month, I played a lot of good tracks. Like, it's just a lot of good-ass music. Some stuff, however, is definitely not for everyone.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that last month's show came together a lot better than this month's. This feeling generally stems from the two K.I.Z. tracks that I played in the second half of the June show. Not the tracks themselves (though, undoubtedly some will beg to differ), but rather, I couldn't really articulate what I wanted to about the songs. So it just kind of sounded fucked up. I general jot down a few notes about what I want to say during the breaks and freestyle from there. You can most certainly tell, I'm sure.

Additionally, in the middle of the first half, I had to switch to the smaller studio, since a big group came in to pre-produce. So, while I tried to make the switch as seamless as possible, there were several seconds (maybe half a minute of dead air) while I switched over. This is why at one part, I apologize for technical difficulties. You actually don't hear this in the recorded version, as I just cut out the interrupted song and put it back in (without the 30 secs of silence). So, it sounds like I'm talking crazy talk.

I want to do a theme show again, but theme shows take a lot more planning and thought and since I'm basically doing both hours of the show at the moment -- I don't know when I'll be able to make that happen. Hopefully, sometime in the coming months.

That said, click the link...check out the show...and let me know what you think in the comments!

Oh and I finally got last month's show posted as well. If you've forgotten all about it, you can find it here.








No comments: