Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog the Week 3: I've got nothin'

Image source: lhuddles via  ilovecharts


I just got home from work, y'all and I'm not feeling super motivated to write anything. So, I'm doin' that ol' trick (that the ubiquitous) they teach you. Just start putting words down and maybe a story will come out.

...
...
...

Sometimes when you work at the internet all day, you don't want to come home and internet even more. At least not actively internet. Passive internetting is almost completely unavoidable, without purposely just deciding to be that chump with no internet. Or if you switch ISPs and don't double book the internet for like a month so  that you have seamless access (see The Great Schminternet Catastrophe of 2008 that left us sans webz at the apartment for 3 goddamn months). And yes, I know, I just used internet as a verb back there a couple of times and, I guess, as a gerund once. Also, Schminternet. It doesn't matter, because everything is allowed on the internet. You can't stop it. And you're a fool if you think you can.

This also isn't really a story; it's an excuse for not being able to write something interesting. It's also pulling double duty for fulfilling today's Blog the Week quota.

I'm not going to get down on myself too much, mostly because it's fucking Wednesday and no one really has anything good to say on a Wednesday except how much they're looking forward to the weekend.

Am I looking forward to the weekend? Yes. Don't be stupid, of course I am. But I'm not going to go on and on about that right now.

So, I'll just leave you with this image:

 Image source: bjornstar.com

No comments: