Social Icons

Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog the Week 4: Beer Googles

So, I didn't write anything yesterday evening. It was Beer Thursday at work (which is also obviously followed by Hangover Friday). I'm making the conscious decision to 1.) Not blog at work. I did that at some other jobs that I've had. It's not for lack of opportunity, because I'm on the internet all the time. However, I've got too much actual work and I'm trying to learn as much as I can and, you know, be competent at what I do. 2.) Not blog and drink. Granted, some of my best posts have been written under the influence of alcohol. These days it hinders the process more than it helps.

After I arrived home last night, I just decided to not write an entry. I know I'm blogging the week, but I made that up and I can extend it a day if I want to and I won't beat myself up over it. Instead, I wrote a drunk email, which is much worse than drunk blogging. I refuse to use that Mail Goggles thing, because I don't want my email account telling me what I can and can't do, especially math. But it does mean that I have to live with the consequences. It's a classic "be careful what you ask for"-type situation, but I know I'd much rather hear the truth than be kept in the dark. That said, I still feel like an ass and also super bummed out today, but it's the kind of bummed that I can deal with. And as for feeling like an ass, that stings too...but what can you do except own it? Eventually that'll go away, too.

As usual, listening to music does make me feel better and, it almost couldn't have been timed more perfectly, but Frosty's latest Occasional Tight Song #385 (yeah, it's still a thing...just downgraded from "daily") has helped keep me in good spirits. I've been watching tape.tv a lot more ever since Grooveshark met its demise in Deutschland. It's actually a lot better at "guessing" what songs I'd like to hear based on the initial artist that I searched for. Today, I happened catch the video for OTS #385, which kinda plays out like Flo Rida's workout video. Also seeing black people on surfboards is awesome, I'd watch the tv show of that.

Anyway, I'm going to have a good weekend and everything is going to be ok.






No comments: