Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - December 2012






So, another year of RAP statt EKG is done. 2012 has been a wild ride and as you may have noticed (if you've been noticing at all), about half of the shows were repeats. Hopefully, that won't be the case next year, but that all kind of depends on what's going on in my personal life.


I'm also working on a new name for the show. If you've been keeping track for about the past two years, I've been doing the show solo, even though Zilv is still kind of all up in the description. However, the whole medical/hip-hop doctor/nurse thing doesn't make so much sense with just me by myself. And a fresh start never hurts, right?


Anyway, since the FSK transmitter for December and January is already out, the new name probably won't be official until February. I'm still brainstorming ideas, but if you have a good suggestion, then send me an email rapstattekg [at] gmx [dot] de. Or leave it in the comments. Or send it to my regular damn email address. Right now the top candidate is "Turn my headphones up" and ode to the classic Fisicuff sketch from Chappelle's Show. But I'm open to any idea that is awesome. Shitty suggestions need not apply.


As for this month's playlist, I'm satisfied with it. I really need to start preparing a lot earlier and make my "mix" an actual mix...and also not be drunk while doing it. But all in good time. Since I was unable to get my shit together in time for last month's show, a bunch of tracks I played were things that I wanted to play last month.


The playlist is after the jump and, as usual, there are links to the videos and to some of the music that is available for free, legal download. The album names are in parentheses. I still have to join the two halves of the show together, but take a look again in a few days and you'll be able to hear the show for yourself.


Consider it an early Christmas present. You're welcome.



Chiddy Bang - Old Ways (The Preview)
Latyrx - Call to Arms (Disconnection EP)
Latyrx - Lady Don't Tek No (Muzapper's Mixes EP)
Headnodic ft. Latyrx - Movin' on Up (Red Line Radio)
Latyrx - Rankin' #1 (The Album)
Headnodic ft. Gift of Gab, The Grouch, Mr. Lif - Turn your Radio up (Red Line Radio)
Chali2na - Moving on (Against the Current 1 EP)
XV ft. Schoolboy Q and B.o.B. - Ahh! Real Monsters (Popular Culture)
The Coup - The Guillotine (Sorry to Bother You)
K.Flay ft. Felix Cartal - Rest Your Mind
Angel Haze - Gossip Folks (Classicks)
Maeckes & Plan B - Der Unverstand (!#?@$!)
NMZS & Danger Dan - Nichts gemeinsam (Aschenbecher)
Amewu - Training Day (Leidkultur)
NMZS & Danger Dan - Schöner Aschenbecher (Aschenbecher)
Das Racist ft. El-P - Shut Up, Man (Relax)
Tanya Morgan - Borrow That - Boogie's Revenge Rmx (You & What Army)
Moe Dirdee - It's Whatever (Dirty Moetown Mixtape)
Aesop Rock ft. John Darnielle - Coffee (None Shall Pass)
Grieves ft. Prof - Super Scary Monsters (internet release)
k-os - The Love Song (Joyful Rebellion)
Polyrhythm Addicts ft. Pharoahe Monch - Reachin' (Break Glass)
Polyrhythm Addicts - Zonin' out (Break Glass)
El da Sensei ft. Tiye Phoenix - Right Move, No Mistakes (GT:2)
CunninLynguists ft. Tonedeff - Enemies with Benefits (Oneirology)
Atmosphere - The Major Leagues (To all my Friends EP)
Danger Dan - Yeah / Buh (Dinkelbrot & Ölsardinen)
Maeckes - Heimweg.avi (KIDS)
NMZS & Danger Dan - Nie mehr zurück (Aschenbecher)

No comments: