Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Here's an idea (that I'm too lazy to figure out how to do myself)

There's this TV show that I need to watch.

When I write it like that, it makes it sound like I don't want to watch it at all, which isn't entirely truthful. I do need to watch it for work research purposes (always fun to say that). While I'm genuinely curious to see what all the hubbub is about, from various gifs and readings across the internet, I know that the show also features a lot of graphic violence. And that's totally not my bag. Particularly sword/knife violence. I hate it and it's totally anxiety inducing and this show has it in spades. I can sort of handle gun stuff, if it's not too graphic...but, anyway, yeah...I've been sitting here for an hour doing any and everything aside from pressing play.

I even read wiki-synopses of the first 5 episodes so that I'd have a slight bit of preparation of what I'm about to see. Or so I'd at least be a little bit ready to skip forward.

Eventually, I started googling search terms to see if I could find some sort of database or wiki that catalogs violent scenes in TVs and movies. Kind of like Mr. Skin, but gore instead of nudity. It'd be an immense undertaking and probably more than a little fetish-y (for some people).

Optimally, I'd be able to watch the show with someone like Pickles, who would no doubt be understanding to my particular needs (of not seeing gougings and dismemberment) and would tell me both when I needed to close/open my eyes, as well as inform me of any relevant plot points that occur during that time. I'd also prefer to watch in the comfort of my own home, curled up on my couch or in my bed with a blanket. But I can't always get what I want -- don't want to watch alone, but I don't want to have a crazy viewing slumber party event. I just have to suck it up, I guess. 

Anyway, if someone were to make such a website/database for the weak-stomached, I would consult that shit all the time. And if you know of something like that, then tell me asap. If you want to take this idea and run with it, then please do it. I don't want to do it myself, because it's too much work and I'd probably have to start out by cataloging gross scenes in movies, which is the *opposite* of what I want to do.

So, if you're looking for an idea...use this one. You don't even have to give me credit for it.

You're welcome.

Now, I'm off to face my fate (and probably also a night of weird-ass sword dreams).

No comments: