Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 06, 2013

4th down

I wish I had something more exciting to write this week, but it's Sunday and I'm about to go to bed in a few hours and, to be perfectly frank, I do not want to pay 5€ into the Iron Blogger pool. So, here's a couple of things that are on my mind as I prepare to tackle the tail end of 2013.

It's been about a year since the Crash and Burn of 2012. I've been a narrative designer for about a year; have a year of living by myself under my belt; I made it to the 1-year anniversary of my mom's passing; and it's been almost a year since the big breakup. Yeah, all those things happened around this time last year and sometimes it's a bit difficult for me to process. Strike that, it's not difficult to process, because that's what I've been doing this whole time (I think). It's [insert various positive and negative adjectives here] for me to think about the things that I've lost and the things that I've gained (or re-gained) during this timespan. I didn't really know what to expect, but I thought it would be a lot worse. And that helps me believe in the possibility that it can get better. Some things already are getting better...or you know...comme ci comme ça or whatever.

This week is radio week. The Antilopen Gang special is still under construction, so it'll be a "normal" show on Friday. After taking some time to think about it, I will try to arrange more interviews in the future. As fun as it is to have at least this one radio hobby thing, I feel like I should probably also continue to work to be better at it.

I'm also working on a game pitch with Supa D. over at Visual Osmosis. She's been out in Austria doing a residency for art stuff and I've been doing work shit and having unexpected meet ups. Between the two of us, we should be able to put together a one-page pitch, but it hasn't happened as yet. Definitely want to start jumping on that asap.

Speaking of games stuff, I'm also contemplating putting together a presentation or workshop in conjunction with the Humanist Lab. To be perfectly frank, I have no idea if that's something that will happen in Q4...but...I won't completely discount it.

Last but not least, I have eaten a lot of homemade pico de gallo in the last two weeks. That is neither a complaint, nor a brag -- merely a statement of fact and a reminder to myself to not just make and eat pico de gallo on everything for the next 3 months.

This is obviously some kind of filler post, more to come later in the week.

No comments: